For those who dream of a beautiful lawn, we have the knowledge and resources to make that come true.
Good soil is the foundation of a healthy lawn. We start by assessing the soil to see if it is heavy with clay, light and sandy or somewhere in between. We then add nutrient rich top soil where needed and either seed the soil or lay high quality Kentucky bluegrass sod to give you an instant lawn.
Kentucky Bluegrass is beautiful in appearance and has the ability to rebound readily from stress and wear. It is also drought tolerant as well as resistant to virtually every know disease.
Benefits of a healthy lawn: Other than having a great area to relax and play with your children or pets, healthy lawns have many benefits.
1. Cooling: Lawns provide a cooling function. On a hot summer day, grass can be 10-14 degrees cooler than exposed soil and as much as 30 degrees cooler than concrete or asphalt
2. Air quality: A 50′ by 50′ well -maintained grass area will create enough oxygen to meet the needs of a family of four every day. Acting like a gigantic sponge, lawns absorb all types of airborne pollutants such as dust and carbon dioxide, as well as noise. Less weeds means less weed pollen; a relief to those with allergies.
3. Water quality: Healthy lawns have a greater capacity for absorbing and retaining water than any other ground cover, improving the lawns ability to absorb nutrients and resulting in less run off. Lawns return the moisture to the water table where it can again be used by everyone.
4. Soil quality: A healthy lawn prevents erosion by water or wind and the loss of valuable topsoil. You will also experience less mud and dust in the house. If you’ve ever moved into a new home before it was sodded, you’ll know what we mean!
5. Appearance: There can be no argument that a beautiful lawn is immediately pleasing to the eye and relaxing in its appearance. It also makes your home more marketable if you are thinking of resale value.
6. Little friends: A healthy lawn provides a feeding ground for birds, who find it a rich source of insects, worms and other food.
To see more examples of products used in our Sodding/Seeding of Lawns, visit http://www.vanderwoudesod.com